I love Christmas, pretty sure you know that.
During the holidays the boys spent two nights with my parents and instead of resting and doing stuff around home (like I should have been) I went shopping with them in mind. It is sooo nice to have some of those things covered. I am finding it particularly hard to not blurt out what Brian's gift is, mostly because I think it's completely awesome. I have never purchased their gifts ahead like this as I was always fearful that their tastes would change by the end of the year, and in some cases that may well happen. Simon is completely and utterly taken with the ninja turtles and poor old McQueen has been long forgotten - I never ever saw that coming. The things I have purchased involve new loves and the future so I know it's going to work.
I like that my kids are into Christmas too. We haven't taken the Christmas CD out of the car and every now and then when that CD starts automatically they ask for me to leave it on. It feels a bit weird driving around to some of those songs, and really it doesn't have that same magic of living in the season. Seasons are the best.
December is my crazy month, totally because I make it so. Remembering December a little bit throughout the year helps ease the crazy and I like that.
Crazy expensive wreath picked up on sale at Pillow Talk under the guise a 'Christmas in July' sale. I loved it last season but there was no way I was paying the asking price. Now it's mine and it has that perfect, remind you of your childhood, Christmas (plastic tree) smell.

No comments:
Post a Comment