We are enjoying the break from swimming. It's such an important skill for the kids and I feel that living where we do it's something they need to always be learning. But not having to be out late one night of the week is so very nice.
HOME
Throw rugs, or in our case old baby blankets are loved by all right now. My favourite is the one with the silk edge (clearly I have not outgrown that childhood love). I have used the heat a handful of times, but mostly prefer to dress warm or be cold. Struggling to keep the bread fresh so figure adding heat isn't a good idea.
The kids have been using their new outdoor swing set and slide. We have been having some great time out there and I even planted the lemongrass Dad gave me, and made it into a little garden so the lawn guy didn't whipper snipper it along with all our weeds!
WEATHER
Crazy, crazy weather this July. Insane wind and snow in some parts of Queensland. Rain sometimes but it hasn't been a bother like it was earlier in the year.
HEALTH
I could cut this topic out, we are all good. Thank goodness for that.
Although I do need to book in Simon's 4 year old check up and injections, my dental stuff (I am soooo scared), an eye check and Dr check for me. I'm putting it all off.
WEARING
Wondering how I survived last winter with the clothing I have. I have nothing warm and not quite enough to layer well. On the required list is a jacket, probably black that is warmer than a cardigan and very versatile. I did buy a tan jacket to go over an outfit and I love that it can be worn as casual or fancy.
New shoes. I picked up some Naots this month, OMG they are good. I also learnt how to use waterproofing shoe polish and spray. I replaced my slippers, thanks to a fabulous shoe shop at Indooroopilly that had sales both times I visited. I've worn them a lot. Dreaming of owning some Frankie4 Nina in Ash Gold but these guys were limited and I missed my chance.
Kids are wearing long sleeves and jumpers. Long sleeve and singlet is almost passable sometimes. Inside, long sleeves and pants work.
MEALS
While Kevin has been away we have eaten well and healthy. I purchased a few (well) prepared meals (from the meat department, casseroles) that just required 30 minutes in the oven and have been serving them with mash and vege. We are eating winter without the cooking effort from me, which is nice right now. Still sticking to my cooking every second night and making double, freezing one half where I can. It works and I'm thankful for it. I recently purchased a huge stock pot with pasta insert and steamer and it's fantastic. I can now cook double without having one pot for the meat part and then having to wash it out and start on the pasta or mash. Having more time with the kids to run a reasonable after school routine has been so so great - totally what having kids is all about kind of great.
DRINK
Hot chocolates, sometimes tea and sometimes homemade coffee with less coffee and a caramel sugar syrup. Gloria Jeans Peanut Butter hot chocolate was beyond bad. Surprising seeing as their rocky road one was the best. No frappe cold drinks. Reminder to self I don't like Starbucks coffee, only the cream based drinks. I do like the coolness factor though.
Juice, not so often and Pepsi only when we have pizza. Water mostly, but in all less liquid daily.
FRUIT & VEGETABLES
Strawberry season is here! No longer buying grapes. Buying bananas, potatoes, strawberries, green beans, carrots, tomatoes. Mostly using frozen vege as it's there when I need it. Adding frozen kale to my normal mix of winter meals. Other berries are still too pricey. It changes weekly but pumpkin and cauliflower have been at great prices. No salads.



Hey Nice Farewell!
ReplyDeleteGet babyzen yoyo seat pad for your baby !