- Enjoyed a casserole made by my Mum for our lunch today. With a side of green vege, it went down very well. I'm pretty sure the love alone is what made us feel better.
- On some serious meds. So many and so often that I've used a Sharpie to mark boxes with dates and times and I cross them off as I complete them. Continuing with my repeat of antibiotics starting tomorrow - that will make 10 days straight. Back to the Doctor on Monday as he wanted to see me if I wasn't better by then. I'm getting there, but it's only just starting to happen now. Last night was my first, non-drugged night of sleep. Awesome, but the kids keep waking up several times. They forgave me as I napped on and off on the couch for 2 hours this morning. I just couldn't get up.
- Dragging ourselves to a double whammy of parties this weekend. We are passable as ok to be seen in public and we need this fun.
- My parents visited yesterday because my Dad felt like he missed out on seeing Simon earlier in the week. Simon is fun and nuts and makes everyone smile. We were all having a great conversation and then all three of us start coughing, attempting not to die in front of each other. Coughing fits are like that, trying not to die, trying to breathe.
- Addicted to Downton Abbey. Kevin and I started to watch a couple of episodes towards the end of the first season and really enjoyed it. For one reason or another we never saw the following seasons. He bought them on Blu-Ray and we are having Downton nights every night. It's awesome. And so fun. We are worried that we might need therapy when we finish the last one - they can't make them fast enough!
- Loving speaking to a particular Mum at school lately. Love the sit down, tell all, must chat nature of our conversations. Love that the subject matter is pure, simple, normal and us. Love relating.
- Winged shopping this past week. We had no food so I went with no list, sick as anything, buying anything I could think of that required little to no cooking. Felt even worse when I saw the total. I menu planned backwards, bought first, planned afterwards. I had one big cook up day and froze things the next. We have enough base meals (minus the vege) frozen and/or in fridge for about 11 meals. Hallelujah to that!
- Continuing to take it easy, as much as one can with two kids and many things to be done. Doing my best to avoid the shops but the toy sales catalogues (biggest of the year) are coming in hard and fast and I'm trying my best. I'm circling things I think will be good - mostly for gifts. With all the parties we have in June and July sticking to our regular gift buying budget amount is bank breaking and down right scary. Nevertheless it's the plan and some months are just more. I need to be at Aldi on Wednesday. Braving catalogue day there is just plain stupid but it must be done!
Saturday, 15 June 2013
Mid Month Check In
The crazy gets crazier around here. Coming out of my illness at the end of last month, on 6th June I started to get really sick again. All is back to survival mode and I've documented nothing of anything of late. Here is where we are at:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment