Simon right now:
- You have an awesome vocab and put together some cute, cute sentences. I'm pretty sure you know everything.
- Lightning McQueen, Mater, Thomas, diggers, cars, bubbles, gym, your brother, your Dad and Nanny and Pop are pretty much your favourite things. I think I'm up there too, I get some awesome cuddles as you say "Mummy" in an 'I love you so much' kind of way.
- You copy everything your brother does and you do it so well that you make him laugh, a serious laugh. And a serious laugh from him is saying something!
- Right now you tell us you are going shopping. When we ask you what for you say "trolleys".
- I can't get groceries without you eating a snack along the way and sitting in Mater while I check the receipt.
- For your birthday you want "cake". Fair enough. And on Friday I showed you pictures of the cupcakes I am going to make you. I only had to say cupcakes once and you knew a new word, which you now use every time time you ask for a snack.
- You ask to wear your Thomas shirt each time I open your dresser drawer.
- You love Brian's school and his friends and his friend's siblings. You play with all of them. This past week I was chatting with a Mum while waiting to pick Brian up. I look around and see you lying on the verandah with 5 of Brian's classmates crowding around you. You were having the best time. Meanwhile they were supposed to be in class!! You have some serious power there little buddy!
- I'm pretty sure you would come up and power along like a speed boat if we threw you in the pool. No swimming lessons for you yet, but you like to kick along as Brian does his. And you like to blow bubbles in the bath with him, only you drink it (happily) instead! You know and love his teacher and when we say we are going swimming you use her name. But if she ever speaks to you you think you are in trouble.
- You are a horrible eater. I'm sure it's my fault for not introducing things correctly. You have some serious issues with texture. You love the juice of a mandarin, but hate the texture, so watching you eat one is the funniest thing ever. You have a strange affinity to ham. You love knowing you are eating it in a sandwich, but you like to pull it out and then you hate to eat it. You love cheese, any kind of biscuit (you know Jatz, Arrowroot, Marie and Teddy Bears {Tiny Teddies} by name), banana with yoghurt and sultanas and most mushy things. You are pretty fussy and if coaxed (and you take some serious coaxing) will eat most things. When you are truly hungry you are grateful for a sandwich but they are not one of your favourites. You say you love pizza but really you will only eat the crust, you aren't a fan of much topping. You have been let in on the secret goodness of chocolate, despite ever having any (except chocolate custard at Easter). You aren't quite sure what it is, you think it comes in a noisy package and you know it's special. You ask for it sometimes but prefer to ask for cake. You aren't upset at not getting any chocolate.
- I have just discovered that you are awesome at puzzles. You may have never done a puzzle before and never seen it completed and you can (usually) pick up a piece and tell me which hole it goes in straight away.
- Your weirdest quirk is fixing things. If one of my kitchen drawers is open and a plastic bag is sticking out, you open the drawer and fix the bag. If you don't quite get it all in the first time you do it again. If you see a bag sticking out you just can't walk past it.

I knew Simon was very special when I first laid eyes on him. I miss him sooo much, and I'm sure he had the best Birthday ever. Happy Happy 2nd Birthday, Love Nana in Canada
ReplyDeleteA very happy happy birthday to your sweet and awesome little boy. I hope that he has the best birthday ever and enjoys those yummy cupcakes. x
ReplyDelete