Sunday, 2 June 2013

Hello June


Welcoming birthday month/s (June/July), even though we aren't quite ready.
1st - Shane (my little brother turns 30), 3rd - Simon turns 2, 20th - Kevin turns 35 (I kindly informed him he now has to tick the next age bracket when filling out forms, ouch!), 27th - Brian turns 5.  And there are a whole lot of Brother In Law, Aunts, friends (millions of them) and cousin birthdays too.  The boys aren't at all worried about the amount of cake they are about to consume this month!

Stressing over yes or no to a party for Brian.  He didn't want one, now he does.  It changes and I'm exhausted.  Hope to figure it out with Kevin soon.  I kind of had next years half planned.  Also stressing over schools.  I have no idea which way to go with Brian's high schooling and I'm pretty sure we are the only ones that aren't already on waiting lists!

Bursting with excitement over my brother's party.  Wood fired pizza party with cocktail machine.  I don't drink, but I'm going to try a little bit of the cocktail.  Embracing that it will be a rough night (late) for the kids, but still excited.  We all are.  

Shopping.  A lot.  So much so that Simon regularly pretends he is going shopping, it's all he knows right now.  And Brian says that I'm like Santa Claus because I have so many gifts for people.  (Cuteness!!)  Thankfully we are now done with the shopping (except researching Brian's gifts).  I was in a bit of a get it done mode so I can just be done.  Present wrapping and card making taking place.

Minimising.  Doing as least as possible in basically all areas.  Simple store bought gift wrap, simple cards, simple meals, simple schedule.  Less plans, no plans.  Resting, relaxing.  In between partying.  Aiming for balance.

Ignoring a few things that should happen.  Like a haircut for me, it's been 11 months!  

Schooling.  Making simple changes to fit a little more reading in.  A little more word recognition and a little more learning games/activities at home.  A lot of this is teaching myself and incorporating this kind of thing in our everyday so someone doesn't even notice.

Disbelieving that holidays are coming this month.  We'll deal with that at the time and have only one essential play date for that time.  I had better set it up next week, plan ahead!

Deciding on simple cakes for the kids.  Cupcakes (Lightning McQueen and Mater for Simon), a small map cake for Brian and something for Kevin that will be eaten at our family party at home.  Aiming for one day to invite all our local family and celebrate the three boys at once.  Still catching up with family other than these times but a one size fits all party is needed when weekends are jam packed and that doesn't include anything for my 3 boys birthdays!  Last year was cake overload and I don't want to repeat that.  Small is still important and special.  Teaching myself that.  Minimising.  Monthly motto?

No comments:

Post a Comment