Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Simon Says

Blurry and bad lighting but 100% him.

Just under 2 months until he is 2.  I am loving this age.

saurus means dinosaur.
rex means tyrannosaurus rex.
tops means triceratops.  Yes, he loves dinosaurs.
ready Uses this to say we are ready to leave the house.  Also when pretend cooking, the food is ready.  This is almost always said louder than normal (we'll call it a half shout).
Brian (formerly Bian).  He can finally say it correctly.  And he says it many times a day.
oh dear means whoops or oh no.  The absolute cutest thing and said with great sincerity.
turn means your turn or my turn or can I try it.  The volume level tells you exactly how much he wants it.
share means, for the most part share with me or my turn.  It quite often means YOU MUST GIVE ME A TURN.  It's usually shouted with a stiff shaking body that says I'm almost 2 and I'm not happy.
yay Used for happy good things.  Sometimes we get hooray and the arms up too.
morning means good morning.  He started this a little while ago but hasn't kept up with it.  It was the cutest thing while it lasted.  When I went in to get him in the mornings he would say it in the cutest little happy voice.  I saw a pillowcase with morning written on it in script at a store and wanted to buy it for a blankie for him (we use pillowcases as blankies).  I think it was about $30 for a pair.  The symbolism was so cute that I didn't think the price was too out there.
this means that thing over there that I don't know the name of.  Usually 'get me this'.  I've caught myself many a time using 'this' as a word instead of calling the object by it's correct name.  Someone is listening.
wait means wait and/or don't you dare leave without me.  It's always screamed with incredible urgency and a cranky face.
cool Because his Mum is stuck in some kind of time warp and still says it.  He uses it in the right context and at least I know when he's looking forward to something.
hungee means hungry, although I think his pronunciation is a little closer on the money right now.  He quite often will tell me when he is hungry, also using snack, cake or bikkie (key = biscuit) to let me know.
amuls means animals.  Another word where his pronunciation is getting closer to just about perfect.  Brian has a tub of toy animals and Simon loves playing with them and stomping them all over the place.
yes No more nodding his head and eyebrows at the same time to indicate yes.  He's been saying it for a while but it surely took a lot longer to come than 'no' did.  He uses it correctly to answer questions.  So fun.
time means lunch/dinner/bath/breakfast/bed time.  He is 100% useful and when I ask him to go and tell Brian or Daddy that it's dinner time he does, walking into the same room as them and shouting 'time'.
hanks means thanks or thank you.  Cute as, and he says it to everyone making it even cuter.
sorry He says it to inanimate objects and people too without being asked if he walks into them by accident or if they walk into him.  He once banged his head quite hard on the corner of a cabinet door, said sorry and then burst out crying.  When he has to say it after being in trouble he whispers it, nothing we have tried will make him say it louder.

We are getting sentences too which is super cool.
Where saurus means Where is the dinosaur?
Brian eat cottage means Brian is eating porridge.
Choose, choose, blue  This was so funny.  He had his hand in the box of chalk and said choose, choose while he was choosing his colour and then he said very excitedly, blue, as the grabbed the red one.

The list grows daily.  It really is a fun age.    

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute Brooke and I love his cute little words I can just imagine him saying them. Such a wonderful idea to write all of this down to remember for later it is so easy to forget. I hope you are enjoying your Easter holidays. x

    ReplyDelete