Counting down the days for visitors to arrive. My Nan and Uncle will be in Brisbane at the end of the month, something I was happy to find out about yesterday. My cousin and his family (whom I hadn't seen in about 20+ years until Pop's funeral last year) will be visiting in May. We love family. We love visitors and we are feeling very spoiled with my older brother and his family moving back to the Gold Coast recently. Those awesome family get togethers where the cousins play and we chat (and eat chocolate) are becoming more of a regular thing. So happy.
Disregarding the fact that Term 2 of the school year will start this month. We are just coming out of our Easter break (which, apart from one day of fun entertaining was full of bad food and vegging out) and are trying to pull ourselves together for school holiday mode. I'm struggling to break out of my "I need my own break" mode. I am quickly finding (which I knew it would be) a mix of exciting out of the house activities and home days are essential for sanity's sake. When we finally do get to Term 2 there will be more learning to read, learning to write all the letters of the alphabet and busyness in our weeks.
Reading and marking recipe books for some heavier heartier meals which is so easy because everything appeals to me right now. Simon has done really well with dinners this past week or so and I know the winter type casserole meals will be a hit with him (and the rest of us for comfort sake).
Checking the calendar as I think my parents might be back late this month. We have missed them. In particular calling them. Mobile phone rates are craziness, as are Skype calls with a 1¾ year old and a 4¾ year old. They were so crazy I couldn't hear my parents and my parents couldn't hear me, but I think they got a good chuckle out of how nuts life is right now.
Knowing that it's time to do the family bike thing. Brian needs a real bike (not a baby's trike) and I'm ready to give riding a go (on footpaths and bikeways close by {lets not talk car bike racks anytime soon}). I'm also ready to see if I can actually move the thing forward with Simon in a seat behind me. Hello living! I have fond memories of mini bike adventures with my school and with my Mum and Brother when I was younger. The time is now and I'm looking forward to investigating this further this month.
Sucking up as much confidence as I can to finally get my wisdom teeth removed before mid year. It's a process of many appointments all of which I need someone to watch those crazy kids for. And then the big day I've feared for years. Hopefully recovery is quick and easy - I'll dream.
So that's April. Bring on the mix of both weather and life.
Disregarding the fact that Term 2 of the school year will start this month. We are just coming out of our Easter break (which, apart from one day of fun entertaining was full of bad food and vegging out) and are trying to pull ourselves together for school holiday mode. I'm struggling to break out of my "I need my own break" mode. I am quickly finding (which I knew it would be) a mix of exciting out of the house activities and home days are essential for sanity's sake. When we finally do get to Term 2 there will be more learning to read, learning to write all the letters of the alphabet and busyness in our weeks.
Reading and marking recipe books for some heavier heartier meals which is so easy because everything appeals to me right now. Simon has done really well with dinners this past week or so and I know the winter type casserole meals will be a hit with him (and the rest of us for comfort sake).
Checking the calendar as I think my parents might be back late this month. We have missed them. In particular calling them. Mobile phone rates are craziness, as are Skype calls with a 1¾ year old and a 4¾ year old. They were so crazy I couldn't hear my parents and my parents couldn't hear me, but I think they got a good chuckle out of how nuts life is right now.
Knowing that it's time to do the family bike thing. Brian needs a real bike (not a baby's trike) and I'm ready to give riding a go (on footpaths and bikeways close by {lets not talk car bike racks anytime soon}). I'm also ready to see if I can actually move the thing forward with Simon in a seat behind me. Hello living! I have fond memories of mini bike adventures with my school and with my Mum and Brother when I was younger. The time is now and I'm looking forward to investigating this further this month.
Sucking up as much confidence as I can to finally get my wisdom teeth removed before mid year. It's a process of many appointments all of which I need someone to watch those crazy kids for. And then the big day I've feared for years. Hopefully recovery is quick and easy - I'll dream.
So that's April. Bring on the mix of both weather and life.

No comments:
Post a Comment