Thursday, 28 February 2013

Thanks February

I tend to get all tied up in the seasons of the northern hemisphere, so as we (down under) prepare to farewell summer I thought it right to give my thanks:
  • The end of summer means having to give up the air con.  I went cold turkey the other day and by about 6:30pm I needed to go outside to breathe, the air was so thick (humidity).  The temperature isn't hot and we are having a crazy amount of rain.  I opened windows during the day but didn't reopen them after the school pick up.  I'm learning how much I seem to like being a hermit in my home.  I don't enjoy the openness due to outside noise (planes & traffic) which I find really loud and I don't like to share my conversations with my neighbours.
  • Seeing the shift in our meals away from fresh, fast and fabulous to dishes atop rice or couscous.
  • Still thirsty a lot.  I can never get enough during summer.
  • Requiring raincoats all round for school drop off and pick up.  We ditch the pram on these days because it soaks through, preferring instead to work on my biceps by carrying Simon all the way.  Telling myself the pain is doing me good.
  • Switching thongs (flip flops, not to be mistaken!) for socks and shoes and thinking I need to dig out my box marked 'socks and bits' from the black hole that is our closet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment