Friday, 1 March 2013

Hello March

Hello to farewelling my parents for a couple of months.  A quick look at their itinerary and I'm wondering if I can tag along.  They are visiting two places I would love to be right now and one place that I have always wanted to go, as if it's my destiny to one day make it there.  I was due to go there for a school camp many years ago and we moved before I made it.  One day, one day!

Hello to working, well sort of.  As a secretary for my parents while they are away.  Opening mail and scanning bills. Not paying them, phew.  And working on the many projects on my list right now.  All memory keeping related, all ones that have been on the cards for too long.  Getting it done and happy, happy, happy about it.

Hello to learning to cope better with Simon.  Particularly the tantrums.  I can say that because you didn't see me in the car park 30 minutes ago with him screaming the suburb down.  He's one half smiling angel and the other half 1.5 years old!

Hello to admiring my kids (yes even that one).  Loving watching them play both together and apart.  Loving watching them grow.  Loving watching them being at home and relaxed in many places.

Hello to avoiding cooking.  This week anyway.  I've done a whole lot of defrosting meals I had already made in the freezer.  They are good hearty meals but what I wouldn't do for a nice salad sandwich!  The freedom has been allowing me to get a few of those things above done.

Hello to trying to make some healthier (exercising related) changes.  It's not me at all.  But I'm making an effort, albeit a little one.  And I'm realising how big a part feeding my body well plays in that.  Back to the salad sandwich and wishing someone could just serve me up one!

Hello to a fairly empty calendar.

Hello to tweaking a daily routine.  This includes forcing myself to switch the dishes routine to after school or after dinner and not before school.  Evening showers - not sure how that will pan out.

Hello to the possibility of helping my hubby a little more with his uni.  I did a good 35 minutes of work for him on Tuesday.  If I had have left it to the following day I'm sure it would have taken at least 2 hours.  Surprising myself with the dedication I show to getting other people's work done!

Hello to volunteering a little more at school, even with a toddler in tow.  I'm so not one of those Mums that pulls that off easily.  I'm trying.

2 comments:

  1. what places did you want to see???? we can send photos

    ReplyDelete