It's probably not legal for me to be writing this kind of a post in the cool of the air con. I wonder how it would read if I was outside. About an hour ago I was sweating it out in a room half inside, half outside with no air con. The summer heat here is a killer, as is the humidity. It's the kind of heat that you just can't imagine until you are living it. FYI I don't deal well with heat (thanks Dad, sorry Brian).
Because it doesn't take long to forget, thankfully, I thought I'd record a few of those things that remind me it's summer:
- It takes a good 5+ minutes to cool down the cold tap enough that you can put your child's hand under there.
- I feel like my car needs to be fully equipped with a slushy machine as we can't get enough cold water and anything else cold when we are outside.
- I considered shouting us a round of frozen raspberry cokes (thanks Macca's drive thru). Yes, you heard me right, my 1.5 year old included. I didn't, but it's that hot.
- As soon as we walked in the door all 3 of us had 2 cups of water each. And I froze a few icey poles. Note to self: Put some on the shopping list.
- My outing was a 'take a plate outing'. I took a plate but couldn't stomach anything. The 3/4 melted ice cubes looked awesome though.
- I haven't worn a regular t-shirt for days. It's sleeveless or nothing, regardless of how bad my arms look. = ) I no longer care that the Country Road sleeveless top I want is $80.
- Fruit for dinner sounds fantastic.
- And an added bonus - the unshaded concrete area acts as a screen free baby fence. (That's not as cruel as it sounds, I always check the temp first).
What do you prefer summer or winter? And if you have an ideal in between town please let me know, I might need to move there!

I am not a lover of summer one little bit. When I was a child though I think I really enjoyed it. The anticipation of being able to swim in the pool, icecreams from Mr Whippy and days by the beach, they don't really appeal much to me these days because of being out in public in swimwear. I really love Spring, not too hot or cold suits me perfectly. I hope tomorrow is better than today, it was a hot one wasn't it. x
ReplyDelete