Monday, 3 December 2012

Day 3


December Daily update.  Finding this 6x4 format working easily, mostly because I'm already in Project Life mode.  Pages all planned and can be printed when I'm next at Big W.  I won't be posting each day online, but here is today (minus the photos as they are still on the camera):

Monday 3rd December 

Making Merry With The Twinkle
In my family putting the lights on the tree has always been the most important and difficult job.  First my Mum did it and then we decorated together.  Then Kevin did it and we decorated together.  Today I had to take charge (so the tree would be decorated before the 15th) and step up to the twinkle.  It took about 2.5 hours and 3 goes but I got it done.  Tips:  Weave over and under and twice over the tree go around one layer inside before the weaving layer.  Make sure you start with the lights untangled!  Accidentally tangling them to take a photo is not worth it!  The twinkle and I are a little more merry but next year we should be best pals.

My little helper
I have been surprised that Simon hasn’t attacked the tree because it is 100% his personality.  He has been around during the set up stages, has been told not to touch and we have all sat in awe of the undecorated tree and said a lot of “wow”, which he repeats.  Respect the tree teachings are working.  Today the fun was the lights when they were lit and the ladder, particularly when I was on it.  It isn’t so easy when a 1.5 year old is shaking your ankles for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment