Saturday, 1 December 2012

Happy 1st December

Today I'm out creating memories.  I am again embarking on December Daily, admitting to no one that I haven't actually ever finished an album, although I'm part way on several and have enough to document them one day.  What I do have, despite the creative imperfections that I don't love, is pretty darn awesome.  It's fantastic to look back on and magical to read.  To you (and to myself) who may be trying it this year, just record something.  One photo a day and a story from the day.  In the end the design, latest trend and all that jazz doesn't really matter.  You will love the end product no matter what.

And that, is my philosophy this year.  Following Ali's 6x4 format with no binder or sleeves, I'll deal with that later.  Just one photo and one page of journaling each day, no template, no foundation pages.  Bring it on.

Leaving you with a snippet from my photo last year and the journaling:

2 comments:

  1. Hello Brooke!! It was so nice to see your comment today!! Thank you so much for the visit and taking the time, means so much to me. Can't believe it's December already either, time really does go by tooooooo fast for me.

    The approach your taking this December is perfect, just one photo/one story just a sentence written down, just one little memorable thing from your day. THIS IS ALL WE NEED!!
    LOVE LOVE that you took a same picture from a year ago view, I MUST DO THIS TOO!! It's amazing how different these days are, 2 years ago we had snow and today it was warm out, love these memories.
    I read thru your blog and WOW the candycane one made me tear up. I NEVER NEVER thought of it that way and you are RIGHT. The kids do see certain candy/ice cream and I always so we don't need more junk and it's not worth it but you are right. I should give my kids a taste of new things sometimes even if it's a SWEET!! Thanks so much for that insight, be sure to get a picture of your sweet boy and his candycane.
    Enjoy this holiday season and just savor every minute of this stage their in.
    I'll be back soon to see how your doing. Hoping to post my DD soon also.
    TAKE CARE AND HUGS!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. day 3 and only day 0n3 covered, good work chook

    ReplyDelete