
I have been doing a crazy amount of shopping this week. On Monday I walked past this wreath (in Target). At the time I thought it was fairly hideous but the smell stopped me in my tracks. As I walked down that aisle all my family Christmases in Greensborough came flooding back. I love that Christmas is about memories, traditions, tastes and smells.
Walking around some more I realised that I love a certain amount of cheese that comes with Christmas. The t-shirts, the Charlie Brown trees, the Christmas TV specials and evidently the tinsel. Somehow this made me realise that, as I was trying to find great deals and better quality items, all those things really don't matter. It's the memories that are created, they are the things we remember and bringing back those things is really what makes it feel like Christmas.
Walking around some more I realised that I love a certain amount of cheese that comes with Christmas. The t-shirts, the Charlie Brown trees, the Christmas TV specials and evidently the tinsel. Somehow this made me realise that, as I was trying to find great deals and better quality items, all those things really don't matter. It's the memories that are created, they are the things we remember and bringing back those things is really what makes it feel like Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment