Thursday, 29 November 2012

He Wants To Taste A Candy Cane


As far as what we let the kids eat goes, we are pretty strict.  Earlier this year Brian got a lollypop from a friend and it took him 4 days and several sessions a day to consume only half that thing - a standard sized tootsie pop.

On Tuesday he told me he wants to taste a candy cane.  He brought me a recipe in one of my magazines and said he wanted to make a candy cane.  I told him the picture was of a candy cane cookie and that real candy canes are like a lolly.  He said he wanted to taste the lolly kind and I told him that if he hadn't had one by Christmas that I would get him one - figuring he might receive a bucket load from kindy friends.

Then I thought about what it would be like to go through December (for us that is celebrating Christmas and the season all month long), seeing candy canes in books and craft activities and not knowing what a candy cane tastes like.  This thought came to me when I was checking on him at 9pm and I had to stop myself from running out and getting him one right then and there.  So I decided that a candy cane will make an appearance early on in our advent calendar.  December 1st, almost certainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment