Monday, 26 November 2012

Nearly A Month ...

... where to start?!

We have been busy.  We have been on holiday.  We have farewelled a loved one (not for good, thankfully).  We are getting back into the daily routine and realising that it's nearly Christmas.  Where exactly did the year, especially the month of November go?

I am doing my best not to panic.  About Christmas and how unprepared I am this year.  About the fact that our son will start school next year.  About exactly how I keep the tears that I feel my body building and storing from coming out at the end of kindy in 3 short weeks!  About all the things that I was supposed to get done well before the end of the year and haven't.

I'm slowly crossing things off my list.  The list that I'm too scared to write because it might just be longer than Santa's delivery list.  Remembering that December is about enjoying (see last year's plan).  I can get a lot done in 4 days.  I've come to learn that I can even get an incredible amount done in the hours between 4:30am and 8:30am.  That's the time my lovely young son (Simon) likes to wake up, run away from me in the cot and scream the house down.  We forgive him because he's cute, but mostly because there are 4 sharp teeth making their way through his gums.

I'll end with this:


Although it wasn't taken this past weekend, the image pretty much sums up our weekend and our today.  I've had to send Brian to bed after kindy, beyond tired was an understatement.  It's kinda how I feel too.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe he'll be at school next year! They grow up way to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how Aunty Kerri looks in the afternoon sometimes when she is 'watching' ABC for kids with Kirra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see a kevin coming on..........................

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering where you were! I missed you! xxoo Kate

    ReplyDelete