Today is a bit of a special day, it's my older brother Dallas' birthday. 2 years ago he reached one of those big "0" years so we flew north to surprise him.
If you know him at all, and even if you don't, this photo sums him up pretty well:
Fun, crazy, with a little soft spot (that he will not admit to). Dallas doesn't get online much but he does have two websites bookmarked in his browser. The ONLY football team, and this one. I can handle being number 2.
Back to December 2010. I decided it was high time to pass on something I had been keeping in my "antique" box. The box that contains all kinds of 80's gear that someday might be worth something. I'm gonna say it was the best gift ever:
I think Dallas might agree:
![]() |
| Open |
![]() |
| Surprise |
![]() |
| How did you do that? |
So the best present ever. A childhood toy complete with all the hair and dust from years gone by:
Dallas, there was no way I could top it. I hope that reliving it will suffice. Happy Birthday!! Your real gift I've joined together with your Christmas gift and it's so good (not this good) that I'm struggling to resist it myself. Have a wonderful day and we will see at Christmas. Love Chook.







I settled for being number 2 also Chook! How can I compete with the 'fit' looking guys from North Melbourne Football Club? Go Roo's xo
ReplyDeletereliving the memories of 40 now 42, the photos say it all, well done Chook we have had a good laugh at Dallas on this day.
ReplyDeleteMum and Dad
Thanks Chook, Dallas was truly chuffed when he read this! I think he feels kinda famous now he has made it onto your blog!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHe was truly happy when he read it :)