Sunday, 9 December 2012

Dear Blog

I have no idea what to get my kids for Christmas.  I'm not quite sure why I'm stuck this year.  It could be because THE BEST present for them is sitting hidden in the garage and was an absolute steal!  It could also be that there are so many things they would go nuts for that I don't know which one to choose.  Not spoiling them was so much easier when they were younger.  Today I'm going to work through some ideas for Simon.

My original idea for him:
$30 at Big W
Approx. $4.50 for 2 pack at Big W

Simon LOVES Sesame Street and I think it would be cool to have the play set and characters.  I won't pretend that I don't want to keep these figures for my future Grandchildren.

But he's a boy that loves wheels, so I thought he would LOVE this (his big brother and my brother might be jealous).  This thing is huge and very reminiscent of a gift that our Nan and Pa gave to my brother Shane back in the mid to late 80s:
$99 at Mr Toys

He also loves dinosaurs.  Maybe a pairing of truck/car and dinosaur would melt his heart more:
Approx $20 at Target

Or maybe we could just go for a dinosaur by itself.  I found this one while writing this post - it sounds kind of awesome, even to a girl:
$48 at Big W
I love that this guy (Boris, so I just found out) has roaring competitions with you and that he chomps when you press a button on his back.  I'll be betting Kevin would choose this one!

And that, dear blog is why I love you.  Started with no idea, frankly I didn't want to let go of that Sesame Street idea that I wanted (yes, I said "I") and now I think I've found it.  Boris you might just be coming home with me shortly.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure whatever you get they will love. In fact I think at that age I was more interested in the boxes anyway!

    ReplyDelete