Kevin, Simon and I went back to Kindy late morning for the Christmas concert. Brian was happy to see us. A few minutes later, waiting in line to perform he was rubbing his eyes constantly. He was crying. After the concert was lunch time. Brian insisted on me being next to him at the lunch table. (Kids eat outside at an undercover table. I had to stand beside him.) Again he was crying. I asked him if he was tired or sad. He said sad. I think the end of Kindy was sinking in. For both my kids. Simon in the morning, Brian in the afternoon. I can't blame them really, there were crying souls everywhere. Both teachers cried in front of us when they read their cards. The third teacher got emotional as she thanked me for the card. Students crying, teachers crying, parents crying. It's an awesome Kindy, crying is warranted.
Pretend I'm ending with a video of all the Kindy kids singing We Wish You A Merry Christmas as Mrs. M plays the piano. Last song, last Kindy event, the piano. I was bawling!
I got goosebumps reading this. Kirra's last Kindy day was yesterday also but there were no tears from the kids...just the parents and teachers!
ReplyDelete