I have spent the last few days trawling our photos from this year. (Christmas card printing was 50% off). During this process a few things became quite apparent:
- We have only one family photo of us in 2012. The above is it. In all it's clear, non-blurry, fat tummy glory!!
- Kevin never looks normal in any photo. He makes a funny face in every one, whether it is taken by me or by Brian. He gives each of us our own version of his 'look'. My look is usually 'why are you taking this photo?'
- Photos with Kevin and the kids always involve an action shot. He is always playing, tickling or teaching them something.
- Brian brings out my best smile for photos.
- Photos with Brian in them usually involve his hands. He's a big poser and it's usually the same pose every time.
- Most of our photos are of the kids. Mostly they have dirty faces and messy hair. Mostly they are making crazy faces or playing with something in full concentration. A lot is of them playing together. They are the most heart warming shots, blurry or not.
- A large section of our photos from this year are blurry. Unusable blurry. Thanks to my old camera. So, so thankful that has now been remedied.
- Video of Simon is minimal. Video of him crawling like a normal child is, I think nil.
- Photos of Kevin and I together are either blurry or horrible. We have a whole 2 to choose from.
- I like the shots I've set up (mostly with Project Life in mind). There is one of the three of us making pizzas. It doesn't show all of our faces but it shows the action. I love that it shows that we were all together doing a simple every day thing.
This year I have done a whole lot of 'lets just enjoy the moment and not worry about the documenting'. I think this means we have missed some major details in our year. And some major opportunities to get someone else to take a great photo for us. It's a balance, and it is terribly interesting what our photo collection says about us!

Love it! Will be a great memento in years to come! You'll look back on it and laugh at how funny this time of your life was! Kate xxoo
ReplyDeleteThis photo is what memories are made of, blurry and full of fun and love. x
ReplyDelete