Saturday, 27 October 2012

Around Here | The Boys

Brian:
  • So, so proud of him recently.  We are taking great steps to ensure his transition to school is easier on him and the other day he completely rocked being thrown in a new environment with a bunch of people he didn't know, even when I wasn't there. He was so proud of himself (quite possibly because I was telling him all day how proud I was of him) that he carried on his 'best day ever' at his swimming lesson.  He is one of kind and had the teacher laughing in that deep belly laughing kind of way.  He also did everything he was asked and he did it well.
  • I continue to love his personality.  If you know him you know exactly what I mean.  He's an old soul and a one of a kind.  I have promised him dinner out with his Mumma.  Just the two of us at a nice restaurant.  Kevin and I have been out recently (together and separately) and I think that Brian just wants to see what goes on from the other side.  As he puts it 'when the house is quiet we will go out'.  He's already chosen what he wants to eat - scrambled eggs and an ice cream sundae.  Does anyone know a place that does both?!

Simon:
  • I'm loving watching how much more quickly (than Brian) he is growing up.  Being the little brother means that he can play with older kids toys and boy does he love them.  The other day I found him perched up on the couch (all by himself, again!) driving a matchbox car all over a paper map - just like someone else we know!  He also spent almost a full day driving around Brian's transformer Bumblebee.  Sometimes when I saw him it was half transformed and others he had somehow got it back to look like the car.  Such a boy!
  • He is completely coming into his own.  He understands so much more of what you say.  He has a growing vocabulary and today I think he said "Saturday".  Seriously!  When you ask him a question he nods his head using his eyebrows just to make sure you know he's nodding.  It's priceless.  And it doesn't always mean 'yes'.

As Brothers:
  • Both boys love playing together.  And by themselves, naturally.  When they are together they are nuts.  Whether it's racing around after each other in Simon's frog leap crawl (which he does to be super duper fast and when he's insanely excited).  Both of them in that crawl.  And then they attack each other when playing on our bed or Brian's bed.  The other morning Simon completely launched himself at Brian.  They both laughed so Simon kept doing it.  They are so good for each other.  Different and good.  It's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment