We have a piece of furniture that we affectionately call "The Cubes". We have owned them for years and with the room switcheroo we played before Simon was born we allocated these a new 'temporary' location, basically in the dining area. The plan was to sell them but right now I'm not quite sure I can part with them as they have become a part of our everyday.
There is a cube titled "return to Mum and Dad". It's always filled with something I need to return to them and most days really should contain half our house. There is another that has my green grocery shopping bags. That one has recently been shifted to the 'Simon can reach me area' due to my lack of 'out of Simon's reach' cubes. We also have one for the iron. I know, we live classy around here. Our iron has temporarily been moved and this is the safest most convenient option, especially because I make my hubby iron his own work clothes every morning. We also have a 'going out' cube that contains all the stuff that doesn't fit in my bag everyday like suncream, hats, an eco bag in case I'm going somewhere that doesn't provide bags, hand sanitiser, etc.
And then there is this cube. The one that Brian has decided to make his own. It's full of handmade gifts waiting to be given to their new owner. That brown bag in the middle is my Christmas gift from him which just so happens to contain the little red tea towel from his play kitchen. Lucky me! Clearly I'm not allowed to touch or move anything from this cube until December 25th even when it is in the ever decreasing 'Simon can't reach me' zone. And that my friends is how we roll in 2012.

I like it!!!
ReplyDeletethis is so sweet!
ReplyDelete