Thursday, 13 September 2012

This Boy

  • Is just over 15 months old.
  • Yesterday I left him with 5 senior members of our family while I ran a couple of errands.  I had no fears that someone would be able to help him whatever his issue may be.  He didn't miss me.
  • I can see him skydiving and/or bungee jumping at age 2.  He's a dare devil and has a major attitude.  
  • In the last 2 weeks he has come leaps and bounds in terms of walking (while holding your hands) and talking.  I'm pretty sure he said "don't worry" the other morning.  Yesterday he said "oi", parroting what my Dad said to him when he attempted to destroy the stereo speaker.
  • He loves to climb and crawl along the couch at warp speed.  If anyone or anything is in his way he will go straight over or straight through them.
  • Up until his 1 year old needles on Monday he ate more food per sitting than most adults.
  • He wakes between 5am and 6am.  Usually around 5:30.  By 9am he is ready for a nap.
  • He loves to splash in the bath.  I've given up on safety, favouring dry clothes for myself. I let him sit and splash as I stand at the door and watch, ready to launch myself to catch him if he does fall backwards.  Even standing at the door I get wet.
  • He is a super happy boy.
  • Cars and wheels are his favourite.  He will spot a wheel a mile away and when he gets closer he will flip over whatever the wheel is attached to, just so he can spin it.  I spent $15 on 3 little cars for him.  Ones that are 1 year old proof but still small enough to fit comfortably in one hand while he crawls around.  He makes a "brum brum" (or "mum mum") sound as he rolls them along.
  • He has been throwing tantrums for some time now.  I have my work cut out for me with this one.  It's hard to be stern when he is so cute and funny. I have that problem with both my boys!
  • His understanding of things is vast, maybe scaringly so.  He watches like a hawk and copies absolutely everything his brother does.
  • We love him to pieces.    

3 comments:

  1. He sounds like a normal little boy...one that will keep you on your toes Chook! It is soooo hard to be authoritive when they are so funny sometimes. Kirra is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, when he walks I'm sure he will run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does look like he has a bit of a cheeky little grin there, I'm saying this in the nicest way because I know that Miss 8 is ever so cheeky and thinks up little ways just to be funny/annoying. The second one seems to keep you on your toes just that little bit more I've found.

    ReplyDelete