- Had his first swimming lesson yesterday. (I know we like to delay things). He did great. And he was incredibly serious when he said "No, I'm not getting out".
- My stern voice no longer has any power, especially these last couple of weeks. We are both learning that a fine mix of excited events and quite activities keep the right balance.
- Today I (and the Mum of one of his friends) witnessed him and his friend having a little giggle over something. It was cute and made me smile. We have had lots of social ups and downs and lots of learning, mostly on my part. He is every bit like his parents.
- He still loves maps. In fact it was a map that calmed the nervousness surrounding his first swimming lesson. A map and a car and he was acting out what would happen when we arrived at swimming. He also has an awesome sense of direction (thanking Kevin's genes for that one) and tells me where we parked the car at the shopping centre, because I never remember.
- Minutes ago after a phone call with Kevin he asked me "Mummy are we having a real dinner at home or are we having 'health' pizza?" (aka Hell Pizza) He calls it 'the scary pizza shop', but loves to go there. I like how he called our home meal a 'real dinner'. There is cuteness and too many smarts in everything he says.
- Each night he gets a 'Daddy slam'. He loses this privilege if he has had a time out. The other night after I left the room he told Kevin that he didn't have a time out but he was naughty. He told him that he was noisy while I was trying to concentrate on driving and he didn't think he should get a Daddy slam. He is awesome beyond measure.
- He has eased into a new relationship much better than I could have imagined. I'm so proud of him and so happy that he can a create his own connections.
- I love that every day he is learning. Questions and answers and interest and the attention he deserves makes it happen. It's quite amazing.
- We are so very lucky.
Friday, 14 September 2012
... And This One
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like how you write down these little moments to remember what your little boy was like when he was little. He really sounds like a bright and very sweet little boy who I can see will be a very big help to you now and when he gets older.
ReplyDelete