Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Yay We Had A Weekend!!

I wrote this over a week ago and didn't post it because I couldn't finish the last sentence.  And I still can't.  The message I was going for was something about wanting to record that feeling of having and enjoying a weekend because right now they are so few and far between for us.  I also wanted to remember how important it is to cherish the weekend and that next year I hope I can look back and not remember what it was like to not have a weekend.  The weekend I'm referring to is 23rd - 24th June.
I realise the title sounds completely ridiculous but it is true.  Our last was before Kevin went to Canada ( a couple of days shy of 2 months ago!!).  It's going to be some party when Kevin finally finishes his uni.  I might just have to better the angel food cake I made him this past weekend for his birthday.

Saturday was an at home day for Kevin and Simon.  The lounge clothes (comfy trackies and t-shirt) looked good on Kevin.  Simon behaved and started to get restless for food only a few minutes after I walked back in the door.  Typical!  It was the first time I had been away from him (except for picking up his birthday present at Kmart one evening) in 2 months!

For Brian and I it was party time.  We headed to his friend's 4th birthday party.  It was great.  And I realised just exactly how much Brian likes to talk and sing...LOUDLY.
Sunday was road trip day.  We headed for the hills, literally.  Brian thinks every mountain has a cafe.  He is too much like his parents.  This trip required a lot of preparation, as the key to success is being prepared right?!  I was not going to have a repeat of our last driving adventure that was so unplanned it resulted in all kinds of disaster (screaming, crying hungry kids - hungry, grumpy adults).


As soon as Simon was ready for his morning nap we left.  He slept until we arrived at the cafe every mountain has.  2nd breakfast we called it.    It was Simon's 3rd.  He ate a couple of biscuits and one half of Brian's giant piece of fruit toast.  A little further up the road, a couple of I'm not full enough cries from Simon (I think he has hollow legs) and we pulled into a lookout.  This was one of my favourite parts of the day.  We are only beginning to give Brian opportunities to find his inner bush explorer.  He loves it.  We have declared we will never lose him because he is so loud we can hear him for miles.  A whole lot of driving later and we finished our day at a local shopping centre because a trip to Aldi for nappies would make my week so much easier.  And I'm all for that!  Kevin had to look in JB Hi Fi, I picked up some Weet Bix and we were done.  Quick, simple and no unhappy customers.

Both Kevin and I ended the weekend saying it was just what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment