Friday, 6 July 2012

Coming Home

My folks (the adventurers) are coming home.  My Pop (Dad's Dad) isn't doing too well.

I was surprised at their early homecoming for a couple of reasons.  It seemed to be a quick decision, just yesterday they were adventuring and when Mum called tonight they were on their way home, due Sunday.  I completely understand that feeling of "now my place is at home".  I get it every time I'm out by myself and it comes time to head home to my boys.  You just want to be there right now.  Drive safe Dad.

The other reason, truth be told, is that I might just have to accept my Pop's current state.  If I look back at phone conversations over the last couple of days I did and said everything to not believe.  It's hard when you aren't there to really understand.

I wanted to share a video with you, of my Pop.  It was taken 5 days shy of 1 year ago.  Simon's first meeting with his Great Pop, as we call him.  You'll be happy I cut the video just before Simon vomited.  I love my Pop's voice, it's him through and through.

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful Brooke. I'm so glad that you have this moment captured to look back on now forever. xx

    ReplyDelete