9:30pm is not my ideal time to be writing posts, but I just had to record this. We have been working with Brian on building his social confidence, so his actions tonight really stood out to me.
Over dinner I was telling Kevin how I wasn't impressed with the quality of fruit and vegetables at the new supermarket I'm trying. Specifically I said "the chives were so horrible, they were more brown than green". Matter of factly and looking like a real adult Brian joined in the conversation and said (using hand gestures) "well Mummy, next time you will have to go up and ask them how to turn them back to green".
It wasn't what he said but how he said it. Dead serious, knowing it was his turn to add a little insight to a conversation. Quite often when chatting with friends I might have something to say but others get in first. I did a bit of a double take because all of a sudden I was sitting next to a 30 year old in a 3 year old's body.
I just LOVE what kids come out with!!!!
ReplyDeletethat's a classic! Kate xxoo
ReplyDeletethat's a classic! Kate xxoo
ReplyDeleteThat is just so cute Brooke:) x
ReplyDeleteThey process and think more than we know they do. Peyton makes those logical connections all the time and it blows us away! She says things so matter of factly, but sounds so true coming from her when she says it out loud.
ReplyDelete