Thursday, 31 May 2012

MIA

Feeling a lot like I'm MIA this week.  I'm here, I'm busy.  I have a little bit of super fast recording to get done so here it is:


  • Madly trying to get on top of the gift buying for two little boys birthdays.  Simon will be 1 on Sunday.  Brian will be 4 on 27th June.  I'm struggling with accepting that Simon is growing, just too fast for my liking, but it also feels like he has been with us forever.  Just where he is meant to be.
  • One boy will be getting a farm animal set.  (Just one more figure required).  And the other will be getting a tunnel and clamshell sandpit/pool/ball play area.  I tested Simon out on the tunnel in Ikea, he was through in seconds and LOVED it!
  • Doing my best not to stress out on the birthday cakes.  We aren't having a party this year as my folks are away.  Embracing that and enjoying the possibility of a "just the 4 of us" celebration.  Hoping that in July we can do the REAL gift, a farm stay.  Every single one of the 4 of us NEED that so much!  
  • Still on the cakes, I fall from the "Mother must kill herself to make the best cake she can" tree.  I don't know why I feel that way and I can't shake it out of my being.  I don't believe everyone should do that, I just see that as my duty.  Therapy needed, yes.  Simon will be having a "Star Boy" cake.  Star Boy was the interim name we gave to a doll given to Simon by his Aunt Darlene and family.  The name stuck.  Simon doesn't have a huge love for any one of his toys, except Star Boy.  He gets the biggest snuggles and cuddles of all his toys.  
  • Brian has requested a Big Red Car cake with both Sam and Greg (the yellow Wiggles).  He does not know about the most recent Wiggles changes, we'll approach that next year!  Brian has two Wiggles DVD's one with Greg as the yellow Wiggle and one with Sam.  I only recently explained to him that they were different people as he thought they were saying something starting with G and he made up a word to compensate.  He now knows the difference and has done his best to ensure that both Sam and Greg get equal yellow Wiggle time.  He is so thoughtful.
  • Remembering what it's like to live most of my life out of the house.  Life tends to go through periods of needing to be out a lot, shopping and searching for gifts, new clothes and the like.  I'm no longer a fan.  I'm finding much more value in a happy, tidy, clean home.  Right now I'm in catch up mode.  Thursdays are for the most part pyjama days with lots of house stuff thrown in.
  • Enjoying my hubby being home.  Hanging out (looking for a way to make that text literally hang) for when his uni is done.  The MasterChef TV timetable is working for us most days.  Kids in bed, need to relax and enjoy relaxing to something decent on TV.  MasterChef is fitting the bill.  It also means that we can go to bed early or iron clothes, make lunches (all the fun stuff) later in the evening.  Simple joys. 
  • Struggling healthwise.  With coldsores, endless, endless coldsores and a killer headache that says it's way, way past due to get my wisdom teeth out and probably my eyes checked too.  

1 comment:

  1. There is lots going on for you right now, birthdays can take up a lot of your time. How did the first birthday go? Happy 1st birthday to your little boy:) I'm one of those who love to make a special cake for their birthday even if it takes me hours and hours to do, as it does.

    Getting time to hang out with your hubby relaxing watching Master Chef sounds nice, especially with how busy work and uni keeps him. And a trip away is something to look forward to. Take care and I hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete