![]() |
| ... being a silly Mummy. I'm wearing my childhood Big Bird hat and Brian is wearing my brother's childhood Oscar hat. |
- ... watching Brian play with Pepper, the most calm and gentle Dalmatian I have ever met. "You say Woof Woof and I will throw the ball for you." And the laughter when Pepper's wagging tail kept hitting him.
- ... the way Brian and Simon play. Simon watches EVERYTHING and Brian talks to him in such a caring way. "Are you going to watch Play School with me Simon? If you are you need to turn around, the TV is that way."
- ... late night (for kids = 7pm) adventures to the shops, because we can.
- ... a good kind of jealousy for two people we love (my parents) living their later life just how they dreamed.
- ... the creation of a new little family (Shane, Nat & Samuel) that we are beyond thrilled for.
- ... unplanned cafe lunches with my little man (Brian) and the discovery that pouring half my drink into a glass all for him means I actually get some of MY drink.
- ... a month that we had money left in the grocery account, now if only I could figure out how that happened.
- ... new stories in bed with Daddy and Brian.
- ... Simon's first phone call, with Daddy. He smiled when he heard his voice and tried out some baby talk.
- ... that Christmas is coming. Blogs are starting to post planning ideas and Ali's December Daily posts have begun. Can you smell it in the air?
- ... age 3. The singing, dancing, learning, playing and intelligence astounds me and makes me laugh everyday.
- ... those big blue eyes, chubba chops (aka big soft squishy cheeks) and huge smile that is 100% Simon.
- ... recording life.

All such beautiful things. I'm so looking forward to Max having a little brother or sister so that I can enjoy some of these things too :)
ReplyDeleteHi Brooke,
ReplyDeleteI just saw your comment for me on Ali's blog. Thanks so much for your sweet words.
Sometimes I worry that my comments are too long or because my comment is always first, it's just because I'm up early in the morning and her blog is first on my list.
I totally adore her and the way she tells her stories and shares her little family with us. Those kids are the cutest.
All the projects she does are so much fun and great ways to document our families which I love to do.
So thanks for those words, they mean more then you know. Was actually thinking of making it a goal next year to not comment all the time and/or to be the first one. So thanks for making me feel like it's ok to leave warm and fun comments. I left you a comment on her blog just so you know.
I just checked out your cute blog and love it. Congrats on that cute new baby!! I also have a son named Samuel which we call him Sam now. Aren't boys fun, I always wanted a group of boys but by boy finally came after 3 girls.
I can't wait for December Daily either, my grocery budget had and extra $25 leftover also and it was sooo exciting, we bought pizza out one night with it. It is adorable when kids talk on the phone the first time, they are always surprised to hear that other voice talking to them and their eyes light up. These are my favorite kinds of posts to read, the little everyday moments you don't want to forget. Sorry this is soooo long and your a busy mama but just had to spread some happiness to your blog.
I have a blog too if you want to check it out....
http://everydaymemorieswithprojectlife.blogspot.com
Thanks again and have a GREAT DAY!!
What a fun photo of the two of you, having a good giggle with each other. It sounds like Brian is a very sweet brother Brooke, it's lovely to hear how kind he is with his new little brother. x
ReplyDeletePURE JOY and Simple Pleasures, I am so missing you guys....but feel the beauty of it all...xoxoxoox
ReplyDelete