Thursday, 22 September 2011

3 Months (2 1/2 weeks late!)

I started this post on 13/9 and figured it was more than time to bring it to you.  The red edited parts are changes I've made today (22/9).

A happy boy at Nanny & Pop's house one day after your 3 month birthday.

Dear Simon

At 3 months I still don't have you quite figured out.  You are the best of both worlds; both incredibly smiley and possibly the world's most dramatic crier.  You usually do one of four things; smile, sleep, scream and vomit.  I haven't weighed you since your 2 month doctor's appointment because a) I keep forgetting when we are in a chemist and b) there is no doubt you are gaining weight.  Yesterday (12/09/11) I put you in a 00 onesie (a gorgeous gift from Debra and family) and lets just say that it wasn't exactly swimming on you.  Edited:  You were weighed on 21/9 with bib, clothes and nappy on and you were 6kg.  Way to go little guy!

Your brother loves you and talks to you all the time.  He comforts you when I'm not in the room and says things like "there is nothing to worry about Simon, I am here".  Your screaming tenancies of late have meant that you have joined Brian and I in his bedtime routine.  I layed you on his bed while we got him changed and brushed his teeth.  The three of us sung Hey Di Ho together.  If Brian is in the room you watch him like a hawk.  Sometimes I wonder if you are learning to be as crazy as he is.

I'm sure you are smarter than you let on.  I am fairly certain that you have a cry that says "wrap me up and take me to my cot".  Edited:  Daddy learnt this one last night while he was trying to feed you.  I need to get with the program as you seem to be setting your own bedtime schedule of about 4-5pm.  Most nights you will go 6 hours or more from this point without a feed.  Any chance we can make your bedtime later?  The other day I obliged to your "wrap me up" cries and you started closing your eyes as I began to wrap you.  You are quickly outgrowing your wraps.  Brian was in his until he was around 6 months old and while I'm sure we probably did the wrong thing and bent his legs up there is no doubt you will be out of them before then.

Daddy is finally starting to believe that you actually love him.  Edited:  Questionable after last night.  There was a while there where everytime he came home you would scream at him.  For the record you scream like you are dying and you go the brightest shade of beetroot known to man, and I should know because you might just get that from me (the turning red).  Last night Daddy wrapped you up and you couldn't stop smiling at him.  He loved it.

2 comments:

  1. He is so beautiful Brooke! We were still swaddling our little guy until he was about 6 months old. It was the only way we could get him to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is gorgeous! Those smiles make all the screaming worthwhile don't they? xx

    ReplyDelete