I'm taking a little time for myself. It's amazing how just a little time can recharge the batteries and leave me feeling refreshed. So right now I'm sitting here typing up a blog post and scheduling it for next week. I miss blogging, I miss documenting my family's life and I miss having the opportunity to reflect on things - something that I find comes from the process of gathering my thoughts in a written form.
Tomorrow I hope to take a little more time for myself. About 1 1/2 hours at a shopping centre. Looking for things for other people but alone and uninterrupted with my thoughts. I've always enjoyed shopping by myself, window shopping included. I enjoy watching the world go by, I enjoy being inspired by all kinds of things, I enjoy immersing myself so much in what I'm looking at that I sometimes forget how I got where I am. Shopping alone is something I used to do regularly when I worked in the city. Something I almost never do now. I'm hoping it also includes some form of cold coffee/frappe, but there is no Starbucks where I'm going.
By tomorrow afternoon I look forward to feeling like I've had some time to remember who I am. I'm letting go of some family time (something we rarely get right now) to do it, but I'm happy that I'm putting myself first for a little bit. I absolutely love being a Mum and house wife but it's all about balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment