Monday, 8 August 2011

Look Out Clive, age 5

You've seen Clive, age 5:



Introducing Brian, age 3:

Can you guess what it is?

He said to me "I'm going to draw a ______" and then drew that body shape in one foul swoop.  I've been so impressed lately with Brian's drawings.  He is making face shapes, doing two eyes, "a smiley mouth", nose, ears, etc.  It's great to see his progression from lines, dots and swirls to putting those lines, dots and swirls together to create an image that actually resembles what it should.  That is until he goes nuts and covers the entire thing in swirls and crazy boy drawing madness.

Edited to add:  It's a fish.  We are a little simple when it comes to sea creatures around here.  

5 comments:

  1. Amazing Brian,
    Aunty Kerri thinks you have drawn a shark swimming in the ocean.
    Am I close?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peyton's guess is a whale~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see Untie Kerri swimming with a shark, may be a hammerhead like the drewster caught

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a proud mummy moment. It is so exciting when their drawings start resembling what they tell you they drew. I just love those early drawings. I hope you are all doing well. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, he such a clever little guy :)

    ReplyDelete