Simon is growing like a weed. We haven't weighed him recently, no need to as he is nice and chubby! (Particularly compared to his big brother who was always in the lower percentiles for weight). Typically I have no photographic evidence of this to bring you today - but I have made progress and am actually managing to take a few more photos here and there.
Here is a couple of oldies for you:
21st June (just over 2 weeks old) - The three of us just trying to survive while we waited for Kevin's holidays to arrive. Simon's room (thanks to "the chair") became our new living area. Given Simon's tummy issues I did everything possible to get him sleeping as close to standing up as possible!
22nd July (7 week birthday) - Simon loves to play and smile (when he's not screaming and vomiting!). In fact a smile is indication that he's finished feeding and ready to play. Brian and I broke out the good old play mat a few weeks back and this is Simon flaked out after a good play session. This is the perfect way to get them to sleep. For a while there I was letting Simon play in this at about 2am after his feed, and until I finished expressing. I think for number 2 you care less about "what you are supposed to do" and more about doing what works.


The grandparents loved the update, more please, we will be home sometime between now and the next two weeks
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, you too??? What is it about number two babies and tummy problems? I swear Amelia never screamed this much with wind! Ha ha, I'll be thinking of you when I'm up at all hours comforting a cranky baby! Lucky they're so cute . . . .
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with your motto about what works goes. I think it's a good idea to have your little one playing on the mat early, I think it's great for them and their development. I hope you are getting a little more sleep lately. xo
ReplyDelete