Please excuse the lumberjack get up and desperate
need for a haircut. We are in "anything to keep warm" mode
and still doing our best to survive with a newborn in the house.
Last month (I can't believe it was that LONG ago!) Brian and I made cupcakes. Our last foray into cooking together was quite some time ago and involved lots of hands in the mixture and lots of eating the bananas (when they weren't $14/kg) meant for the mix, so I was a little apprehensive. I measured out all the ingredients and set them out on the table for Brian to mix in. The first ingredient, sugar, ended up being tipped into the mixing bowl - half in the bowl and half on the table because someone was a little too keen. Since then we have done a little more cooking together and I can say I'm learning to let go and Brian is learning to accept a little help.
A 3 year old's decoration perfection.
Note the piled up sprinkles between the cupcake and the wrapper!
Once the cupcakes were baked I gave Brian two of them, some icing in a bowl, sprinkles in another bowl and a child's butter knife. I left him to his own devices to ice and decorate the cupcakes as I iced the remainder. It was funny to watch him out of the corner of my eye. Once they were iced he thought it right to eat them straight away. And he learnt that if you upend the bowl of sprinkles onto the cupcakes that those little guys bounce all over the place!
He also saw fit to pretend he was on Play School and sing himself a little song:
(And NO I did not teach him to lick that knife!)
Aww that's sooo cute Brooke. When I started playing the video my girls both raced over to watch your little boy having soo much fun. I hope you are having a good weekend. Thank you so much for your kind and helpful words. xo
"Making it sprinkle, making it shine. With a little bit of this and a little bit of that." I can't get it out of my head... Now when I cook dinner I have a tune to sing, much to Uncle Dallas' dismay. (Lucky he is deaf in one ear!)
Wow! Your boy is AMAZING!! He can join the next junior master chef :-)
ReplyDeleteJust great, has this boy got talent
ReplyDeleteAww that's sooo cute Brooke. When I started playing the video my girls both raced over to watch your little boy having soo much fun. I hope you are having a good weekend. Thank you so much for your kind and helpful words. xo
ReplyDelete"Making it sprinkle, making it shine. With a little bit of this and a little bit of that."
ReplyDeleteI can't get it out of my head... Now when I cook dinner I have a tune to sing, much to Uncle Dallas' dismay. (Lucky he is deaf in one ear!)
Ok, this is seriously gorgeous! Such a proud little man!!! I can not wait to make cupcakes with my little E...I found you from squigglemum :) xx
ReplyDelete