Friday, 17 June 2011

Two Weeks On

How could I not blog this photo straight away?  Thank you so much Aunty Kerri for capturing this little piece of gold for our family.  This was Brian's first unassisted nurse of his little brother.

How we are travelling two weeks on:

  • Simon is going to be a real boy boy.  He's mighty feisty and I'm sure will get up and run away on me any day now!
  • Brian is awesome reassuring Simon whenever he whimpers that everything is ok.  
  • Simon is our little lamb.  His baaing is unbelievable.
  • We have had a few digestion issues the past couple of days.  Not sure if it's reflux or the chili in the risotto that I ate.  Now tracking what I eat to get a better picture on things.
  • Feeding is nothing like it was with Brian.  Mainly because I'm not creating any pressure.  Simon is so small that he can't breastfeed yet, despite really wanting to - I did say he's feisty.  I'm expressing and bottle feeding.  We have gone from 50mls on our homecoming to 70ml and today I'm starting 100ml feeds.  We are trying breastfeeding again every couple of days in 5 minute bursts.  I'm ever so thankful for the lactation consultation at the hospital.  It was the perfect reassurance that I knew what I was doing and that I'm not going insane!
  • I can literally see the little guy packing on the pounds.
  • A friend told me that it gets easier, but I really know it's going to get harder before it gets better.  Right now Simon sleeps a lot - once he's awake and more demanding of me I'll be in real trouble.
  • The Ektorp armchair - pure gold and worth every cent!
  • I've been completely blown away but the help and offers of help we have received this time around.  I'm feeling like I have a lot of friends (including my parents) right now and their help has been incredible.  I'm wondering how I get Dad back in my kitchen.  He's revolutionised the way I look at my own utensils and fridge contents.
  • Sleep, when you are sleep deprived is an interesting thing.  Right now my bed is the most comfortable thing in the world and the sleep I have there is DEEP.  Every day/nap I wake up wondering a) where I am, b) what day of the week it is and c) why Kevin isn't next to me - mostly that's because I would swear it's morning but it's really 3pm!
  • Loving being able to see my toes again, being able to bend and get around is a pretty precious thing.
  • Always thirsty and hungry - milk production is my excuse.
  • Hanging out for the day I'm allowed to lift Brian and the pram - so we can go grocery shopping and to the local Westfield to pick up a few things on my list.  There is only so long we can go without bread and milk.
  • My body is still sushi-less and mostly I'm resisting eating all those things that I previously couldn't.  It could easily end up in some horrible binge.  I am craving a really nice salad sandwich though.
  • It's finally sunk in that I'm a Mum of 2 and that my 2nd little guy has indeed arrived.

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you were going as a mum of two! Sounds like you are taking it all as it comes. You know what I'm most looking forward to when bub is born? Being able to bend too! Take it easy and look after yourself! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,
    Reading your blog made my day, I must look at it more often . My world at times is upside down, but when I saw my grandsons photo, it was the greatest pleasure, the best feeling, and over whelming love I have for all four of you. I'm not on computer much these days, but I'll be checking in on you more.
    Love Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo of your boys Brooke! Good luck with all the feeding, hope it sorts istelf for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is SO beautiful, many many congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very sweet photo of your two gorgeous boys Brooke. Brian looks like the happiest big brother. Congratulations on being a Mum of two boys, it is an amazing journey being a Mum. xo

    ReplyDelete