Welcoming...
Simon Oliver
Born Friday 3rd June at 8:34am
Weighing 2668g (or 5lbs 14oz) and 46cm long
I have been missing in action on the blog front, although thanks to some earlier scheduling my family have been amused that I've apparently been "posting" during labour.
Simon was born just over 3 weeks early and was quite the surprise. We had planned this past weekend as our "get everything prepared" day, so when my waters broke on Friday morning Kevin had to madly pack a bag. We didn't even have nappies or a (confirmed) name!!
We are doing well, came home yesterday. Only issues are with feeding, just like Brian. My previous experience has me in good stead to get through it as long as I stay determined.
Hope to write more soon, but the reality is I'm home alone with a newborn and a toddler today! Lots to juggle and loving it. Although a little sleep thrown in the mix would be appreciated.
P.S. Kevin got me the chair. An awesome surprise when I walked into Simon's nursery for the first time yesterday. Motto: blog enough and you shall receive! Thanks babe, worth it's weight in gold already.

Not even a mention of a 3.30am phone call?????
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! What a surprise to click on your blog today and find this! A HUGE congratulations to you all on your perfect new addition! It all suddenly seems so real now eeek . . . . .
ReplyDeleteOMG little Simon,
ReplyDeleteYou have some very excited rellies that can't wait to meet you next week! Big K can't stop buying cute little baby BOY things and little K keeps telling anyone who will listen that,"she is going to hold baby Simon Oliver and mummy will take photos".
And as for anonymous... not like you had to work that day! haha
Wow what a suprise to find out that you delivered early. Well now I am sure you wont forget the boy's (x 3 )Birthdays. Congrats at the handsome boy. Now you just have to plan on a good timing for a girl. Just not June and I am sure your chances will be better than 50/50!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for the comments.
ReplyDeleteDad - I'll blog the birth story someday soon. That will include the phone call, but not the recording ok?!
Gail - Thank you. An early surprise. We think Simon wanted to arrive early for his Uncle's special birthday lunch on the Saturday. Happy that my 3 June boys birthdays (hubby and sons) are a little further apart than the scans promised!
Kerri - Can't wait to introduce him. You got your wish, arrived before your next visit, but the ring trick was wrong..hehe.
Anon #3 - Our family has many clusters of birthdays. Parents in Feb, my boys and brother in June, December for me, my older brother and Sister in Law. No forgetting birthdays here. Not sure we can increase on 50/50 chances!
Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I had been thinking of you:) I'm so glad to hear all of you are doing well and your new son came into the world healthy. Take care and congratulations to all of you. xo
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Brooke - a beautiful baby. Sending positive feeding vibes to you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Brooke! So excited to hear that little Simon has arrived. Love his name! :) He is precious and here's sending some wishes for sleep for you in the coming days and weeks. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Brooke! He is sooo precious :)
ReplyDelete