Thursday, 19 May 2011

Hunting for these...

Source
Making Memories Desktop Carousel

With the downsize of my craft room into the office I'm really trying to cull as much as I can and concentrate on keeping the basics that I use often.  I've decided that in terms of storage a set of drawers, a Making Memories Desktop Carousel, a 12x12 hanging file drawer and a Clip-It-Up will fulfill most if not all of my storage needs.

The issue here is that the carousel is a discontinued line so it's impossible to find.  Early in April I was doing a little Google search (for about the hundredth time) and up popped a result from FishPond, an online Aussie bookstore.  I couldn't believe it, not only had I found one but it was $58.99 including shipping.  I was prepared to pay up to $100 for second hand!  I quickly forwarded Kevin the link asking "If this isn't a joke can I get one?"  He replied a couple of minutes later with the completed order.  Woo hoo!  

One night almost a month later Kevin showed me an email he had received from FishPond.  It was saying that they had cancelled our order as they couldn't supply the item.  I was shattered.  Needless to say I'm still hunting.

Source
Ikea Ektorp Armchair

I have shared with you before that I've been waiting for one of these to show up on ANY second hand website in Australia.  Sadly, I'm still waiting.  And getting a little anxious now as the baby is only 6 weeks away.

One did show up for sale in Brisbane.  I asked Kevin to bid on it for me as I'm an Ebay novice, but in the 3 minutes it took him to access the page it had gone from $60 to just over $122.  My limit is $100 as I'm using left over birthday money.  Crossing my fingers and toes and still hunting on this one too.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh no how frustrating:( I hope you find that chair soon. Have you tried a scrapbooking shop for the carousel?

    ReplyDelete