Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Winter Beauty Routine

I'm not one for much of a beauty routine, in fact I rarely wear makeup.  Evidence in point; we went out for dinner on Saturday night (the 3 of us) and I thought I'd get a little dressed up.  When we arrived home Brian looked at me and said "What's that on your eyes Mummy?"  "It's make up.  Girls wear it to make them feel pretty.  Do I look pretty, or do I look like a clown?", I replied a little worried I'd over done it!  "You look like a clown, but it makes you happy", Brian said.  A giggle came from Kevin in the next room.  We both enjoyed his happy interpretation of a clown.

So, despite not having much of a beauty routine I do rely on a couple of old faithfuls to get me through the winter weather.  They made their re-appearance last week.


Source:  Olay Australia
Olay - Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid
(or the Aussie version Moisturising Lotion)
Mum has been using this stuff for years, well before the Oil of Ulan/Oil of Olay name change.  We have been trying to figure out what her car smells of for years (it's a nice smell) and I'm pretty sure it's this stuff!  I love that it's light, non-greasy and doesn't sting.  My face is quite sensitive.  I did try the Complete Defence SPF30+ Daily Moisturising Lotion Sensitive a little while back but it stung my face.  I've never had issues with this lotion and in winter I put it on every morning.


Source:  Neutrogena
Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula Hand Cream
Again I've been using this stuff for years.  My Mum used to have terribly dry hands in the winter and I think I've inherited it - we are talking to the point of bleeding.  Ouch!  I'm pretty sure it was one of the television commercials years ago that convinced me to try this stuff - something about it's origins with Norwegian fisherman.  Since then I've had some on hand every winter and it's part of my nightly routine.  Actually, it's my sole nightly routine!  You don't need a lot and it leaves your hands nice and soft the next morning.  I'm currently using the Fragrance-Free version as I picked some up from a local chemist for just over $2 a box during the summer.  At first I thought the price was a joke as it's usually around $7 or so a box, so I'm now covered for all of this winter and then some!

2 comments:

  1. Ah Brian that response is a classic Brooke;) children say the darnedest things, I'm sure you looked lovely:) The other night I gave myself a face mask, the first time in ages and it felt nice I should make it part of my routine again. Lately I've been putting on lots of moisturiser too, my skin is getting very dry again. Have a good week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the cool winter chill starts upon us little K and big K now have a bedtime moisturising routine to keep our skin nice and supple. 3 years old is never too early!
    After reading books we put a night light on and sing the alphabet as we rub SEACRET bodylotion into our face, neck, arms, legs and feet.
    Mmmmmmm nice....

    ReplyDelete