Monday, 6 June 2011

The Return Of The Laziest Dinner In The World!

When I was pregnant with Brian I seriously restricted what I ate.  In fact I don't know how I did it!  Each day for lunch I ate cooked chicken or beef with vegetables and some kind of pasta, noodles or rice, sometimes bread.  It was at that time that I invented "The Laziest Dinner In The World" - I had a good excuse, working full time and pregnant meant not much energy to cook dinner, let alone separate lunch meals!

At 32 weeks in pregnancy number 2 my lazy dinner made it's come back.  My body was craving meat and veg with little financial and physical output on my part!  Things are bad when the thought of standing up for 10 minutes in the kitchen is too much!!

This meal certainly doesn't look great and to be honest it might be better to use a casserole cut of meat, but a meal that requires 1 1/2 minutes worth of effort and passes with the hubby and toddler works for me right about now.

Here's how to make it:
Start with:
  • 500g diced beef (next time I would try a casserole cut)
  • 575g jar Kan Tong Stir Fry sauce (I used Sizzling Mongolian)
  • approx 750g frozen vegetables (I used McCain and next time would add the entire 1kg bag)
  • 440g packet Kan Tong Hokkien noodles

    Take out a large casserole dish and literally open up the packets and toss the contents into the dish.  Mix it all up.  Photo above is what it looks like before you put it into the oven.

    Put the lid on your dish and cook at 180°C until the meat is cooked through.  It took me about an hour to an hour and a half.


    The end result.

    1 comment:

    1. I think it looks really good. In fact I think I'm going to put it on my menu this week.

      ReplyDelete