Friday, 8 April 2011

Part 3 Of What Has Become The Friday Weekly Recap

Friday's have turned into my "weekly recap blog day", so lets finish this series on a high.  Brian and I have had a pretty awesome week.  We haven't done a lot but the time we have spent together has been fairly cool, calm and collected.  I've really found that with both of us less tired and exhausted we have enjoyed spending time together.  Highlights of the week:

  • a successful overnight stay at Nanny & Pop's
  • having a friend over for a play date - even though Brian was so shy he snuggled me the whole time
  • a 3.5 hour nap instead of attending Playgroup - proof the little guy really is tired on Monday mornings!
  • sitting our chairs side by side and eating our cheese sandwiches together, with lots of snuggles in between
  • an adventure to pick up fish and chips for dinner - the little guy got to carry the Brian sized parcel from the shop to the car and then all the way home.  As I turned a corner Brian said "ah my lunch!" as he nearly lost control of the parcel.  I wasn't allowed to do that again!  Brian opened up the parcel as I was getting the plates and said in the happiest voice ever "look Mummy it's chippies".  He ate the fish as if it was the best thing in the world - I must say it is pretty good.
  • a successful and stress free mini grocery trip that included eating a snack (for Mummy) and a sandwich (for Brian) in the food court.  It also included awesome service at the IGA service desk and a nice conversation with an elderly shopper.  No throwing Thomas' boat (the bottom removable part of Brian's drink bottle) under the shelves this time.
  • a super excited little man when the fruit and veggie delivery arrived and the following vegetable naming game/lesson that ensued.  
In all a pretty special week that makes me feel so lucky to be sharing it with my little guy.

3 comments:

  1. Brooke, reading your blog makes me feel as if I am there witnessing your world...thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    This week, we made an Easter Egg Bunny...check it out @ http://blog.memetales.com/2011/04/easter-egg-bunny-kids-craft/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice week :) I had to laugh at him saying "ah my lunch!" who was he copying by saying that? LOL! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rashi - Thanks for the comments. Hopefully one day my Grandkids can have an insight into what it was like here and now. Might need to convert my blog into a book first!

    The bunnies were gorgeous.

    Kate - The way he said it was hilarious. He's his own little person now so I think he came up with that one on his own.

    ReplyDelete