Saturday, 12 February 2011

Shopping For Things That Don't Exist

Sometimes I drive myself crazy. I get these ideas of the perfect thing I'd like to buy and often the items don't exist. You can imagine the search for these non-existent items is not much fun!

I thought I'd share with you my quest for a couple of items on my wish list. A quest that recently ended unexpectedly.

Enter Valentine's Day. Kevin and I don't usually get each other gifts, but this year I want to get him something. My idea was that I could buy a few chocolates (he loves truffles) and present them in a nice heart-shaped box. And if that box was plastic (and reusable) it would represent more value for money for me, next year I could fill it with little cookies. But in Australia it's not that easy to find an empty heart-shaped box to fill with your own goodies. I'm just imagining that it would be more common overseas.

Anyway, I usually get truffles individually at David Jones, that way you get to choose the flavours. But their boxes are a little on the plain side. I was thinking "why don't Tupperware make a heart-shaped box, similar to the TupperCare Everyday Bowls and in red". Not too much to ask?


Tuppercare Bowls - Use your imagination now

So, in compiling this post I did a little research and was super surprised to find that Tupperware do make a couple of heart-shaped items:


The Tupperware Heart-Shaped Case Key Chain

and then...


The Tupperware Heart Packable Case - and it's even available within Australia....BINGO!


Number two on my wish list is a sun hat with a full brim and velcro fastener suitable for a pony tail. Often we are at the park, or recently the beach and in the hot weather I wear my hair up. It's always very awkward and annoying to wear my normal wide brim hat with a pony tail. Not to mention the brim is a little too big and floppy that it restricts my vision, making me embarrassingly clumsy in these public places!

I knew I would have more luck on this front as these hats do exist. I did see them while we are away but we were too busy at the beach to bother about shopping.

Here they are online, so I've reassured myself I'll be able to pick one of these up without an hour+ trip north or south to the coast. Has anyone else noticed that the nice beachy clothes they sell in shops near the beach aren't available widely in other towns, like Brisbane? Or am I just a little sheltered in the shopping department?

Do you ever have a need for items that don't exist (or at least you think they don't)?

No comments:

Post a Comment