Last week was time again to cook a big feast. My friend Kirsten was finally able to bring home her new little bub and with no family close by a home cooked meal (and the welcome night off it provides) seemed perfect.
I cooked all day long for this one. Making up a bunch of toddler friendly snacks for her eldest, Ethan (he's the same age as Brian). I must admit it was just the push I needed to bake a whole heap of treats for Brian too. Kirsten is one of those Mummy's that bakes little scrolls, muffins and all kinds of yummy treats for her son. So I knew that giving her some of mine would ease the pressure so much more.
I delivered bacon, pineapple and cheese scrolls, cheese and Vegemite scrolls, apricot and sultana biscuits and chocolate freckles (as I know Ethan loves these). The dinner was chicken and ricotta cannelloni (yes I made this one last time) with a bean salad as the side dish.
This was my first attempt at making scrolls, but since I've been spending a secret fortune at the local bakery buying cheese and Vegemite scrolls for Brian, I just had to give it a go. I made mini versions and froze all of our snacks, so hungry Mummy's and/or Daddy's can't snack on them instead!
Kirsten and I were able to enjoy a nice chat after I dropped off the meal. Usually I just like to make it a drop and run so there is no need to worry about a clean house, etc. But I must admit that it was really nice to chat as I rarely get the chance when we meet on other outings. I'm usually too busy tending to Brian.


What a lovely, thoughtful thing to do. You must be a marvellous friend :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I next feel poorly or ever get round to having kids then I would love some Aussie style cooking :)
ReplyDeleteYour a wonderful friend for doing this xx