Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Blogging

Today I wanted to talk about blogging.

Early last week one of the Mum's from Playgroup turned to me and said "your blog is really wonderful". I'm kind of ashamed to say, but I jumped before I responded. Firstly I had totally forgotten that I sent her the link, so my first thought and comment was "how did you find it?"

And then recently during an email conversation with an old high school friend she mentioned how blogs are a wonderful way to document your life.

I agree. This is my fifth year blogging, can you believe it? I'm so grateful for the thoughts, photos and memories that it holds for me. I've never been able to stick to writing a diary and as much as I'd like to think I'm a scrapbooker, I'm really not. For my family this is the best and in most cases the only form of memory documentation we have. Sure we have pictures, but there's no written story to go along with those, unless it's here.

One of the things I find difficult with blogging is telling people I have one. When it comes down to it my blog is really my diary. Sure it's public and I like it that way, but there is something about knowing that strangers or blog friends are reading that makes it easier than knowing the people I see every week are reading. Don't get me wrong, if I see you weekly I really do want you to read. Reading other's blogs have, I think made me a better Mum and I especially love to read local Mummy blogs. The insight and experience of other's is priceless. Hopefully I can share that around.

Maybe it's a shyness and/or a what happens if I say the wrong thing kind of deal but really blogging is a pretty good form of therapy. Some days the posts just come, you might have other ideas in your head but somethings need to be let out before others, much like this post.

I just wanted to slip in a little thank you. A thank you to those of you that read. I know not everyone leaves comments and that's ok. It's just nice to know people are reading and enjoying my posts and really that's the thing that keeps me on here, so a very big THANK YOU for that.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on blogging. Do you blog? Do you want to blog? Why do you read blogs?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke:) Firstly I wanted to say thank you for always stopping by and for your kind comments and congratulations on the baby news, that's wonderful and so exciting. Good luck with the party preparations, if you have people to help it sure makes the job easier, I hope all goes well. I actually feel the same way about my blog, I rarely tell my friends about, I'm a bit shy strange considering how many strangers can read it but I understand how you feel. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete