Monday, 7 December 2009

BBQ's & MNO's




This is the second last of my "tradition" posts. The last Saturday in November we headed off to South Bank for our Mum's group Christmas BBQ. This was a little more involved than it would normally be as our car was in for repair (a lady backed into our parked car a few weekends back), so my parent's drove Brian and I in. Kevin was working, so he walked across the bridge from the city to meet us.

Brian had a fabulous time. Kevin and I spent the afternoon chasing him around the grass. Brian is a bum slider so it looks funny to see him go. Don't let that fool you though, he is super super quick! He was scooting around that grass like he had never ever seen the outdoors. I think the attraction of the birds was keeping him going.

It was nice to have an afternoon BBQ as the heat wasn't too bad and there was some shade. Rain and storms were forecast but they thankfully held off.

A couple of weeks ago we also had our MNO (Mum's night out). We went to a local Thai Restaurant which was great because I haven't had Thai in forever. In fact since living here we haven't been to any Thai restaurants in the area. We have been leading a very sheltered life in terms of eating out lately!

Kevin and I both have "nights out" planned this week. Tuesday is Kevin's night, I think it's a supplier Christmas party and Thursday is my night for drinks with Playgroup Mum's. One of them is recently pregnant so at least I'll have someone to share a mocktail with!

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased to hear you had some nights out planned - how did they?! Brain looks too cute bum shuffling in that picture! :) x

    ReplyDelete