Saturday, 21 March 2009

16 - 19 March Photo-A-Day (Still Catching Up)

Monday 16th March



Monday was my first time at Play Group to bring along a snack and activity. The snack was Anzac biscuits. It was the first time I had made them in this oven and the recipe calls for giant sized biscuits, but I wanted small ones so it took a little trial and error on the timing. For the record 6 minutes was the magic number.

I also took along some greeting cards which I had made on the computer. One had a butterfly picture on it and the other had a train picture. The kids were to colour them in and then I had provided some strips of paper, circles, stars and butterflies which you could stick on the card for added decoration. Apparently my sample was perfect for the little boy that loves to cut EVERYTHING...hehe.


Tuesday 17th March



As honesty won me this prize I'll stay honest and tell you that I enter a lot of competitions on blogs to try to win scrapbooking and card making supplies. We have a pretty strict budget, which we are happy to stick to as it means we will be able to pay off our house sometime before we die, and it means there isn't anything budgeted for hobbies. This and saving up my coffee/eat lunch out money (which is very minimal) is about the only way I can get new stuff. Except of course when we get a special treat like last Sunday!!

I was so stoked the day I checked Tim Holtz blog to find that I had won a prize on the first day of his week long giveaways. The truth is, and this is basically what I said, I have often walked past his products as I've never really known what to do with them and how to use them. He recently launched demo videos on his website and they are great. Check them out here. I'm a huge fan of copics, even though I only own one (they are REALLY expensive) and they use alcohol ink, which is also what Tim uses and loves. The properties of the ink mean you can use it on anything and the techniques are just awesome. I'm really looking forward to experimenting. I've really got heaps of new stuff to play with now!!


Wednesday 18th March



This isn't exactly the best photo, nor does it illustrate what I want it to, but what a cute little man he is. Brian tried yoghurt for the first time yesterday, in a parent room at the local shopping centre. I've really been doing my best to learn about nutritional food and am trying to start him off on the best foot in terms of good food. I did a fair bit of research about yoghurt mostly relating to full fat, low sugar, etc. I didn't want to buy the baby yoghurt because it's not really value for money so I went with a natural yoghurt and planned on adding my own fruit if need be.

I decided to try it myself and I screwed up my face with how bitter and lacking in sugar it was. Brian did the same. Call me a bad Mum but I was kind of proud because ever since starting this journey of solid food I have wanted him to pull a funny face and I finally got it (if not on camera). It also means that I'll have to back to the drawing board in terms of choosing the right yoghurt. Bring on the sugar!!

P.S. We tried it today with pureed pineapple and you need so much to sweeten it that it was the consistency of milk by the time I was done.


Thursday 19th March



This really sums up how I feel today.

Despite scheduling this post for a day or so, so as not to bombard you with too much reading all at once I'm officially caught up, and behind at the same time... = )

No comments:

Post a Comment