Friday, 20 March 2009

13 - 15 March Photo-A-Day

Friday 13th March



I think this was the first time ever that I didn't think "Owhh, it's Friday the 13th". Probably a good thing because I did quite a bit of driving.

Anyhoo, this shot is of Brian and I at Mum and Dad's place. We went there for dinner on Friday night with my brother as it was his first meal back home after moving out. It just occurred to me that Kevin maybe shouldn't have been drinking with his medication..hmm. Brian was having a little trouble sleeping, probably because he's really nosey and wanted to be part of the action. As usual though he slept great when we got home!


Saturday 14th March



Friday nights are usually our movie night. This is a whole other post which I started ages ago, but due to issues transferring photos between computers never finished. FYI - I now have a USB stick.

Basically, every Friday night we have an easy dinner and as soon as Brian is in bed we watch a movie, most times with a movie related snack. As we were out on Friday night we missed our movie night and recent experiments in not doing movie night have shown for the good of our sanity we NEED them!

This brings us to Saturday night and as you know there are HEAPS (well, heaps for having 3 main television stations) of movies on. I refused to watch a DVD seeing as there was so much choice. I started with Ice Age 2, but was busy in the kitchen and hadn't seen the first one so ditched that and decided to wait until RV started. It has Robin Williams in it so I knew it had to be good. Despite Kevin's initial comments that he would play on the computer instead (he just bought a new computer game), he stayed to check it out with me. 30 minutes later we were both sitting on the couch laughing our guts out. I must say it was so nice to watch a comedy that is actually funny, it's been a while.

The photo: a smoothie that I made, sorry it's so blurry.
Ingredients: yoghurt, milk, mixed frozen berries, ice, honey.


Sunday 15th March



Very rarely do we get "play" money. Kevin treated us last weekend to $100 each. There were sort of a few lose rules that went along with it. Kevin already had his planned, a computer game - which I must say is getting a good work out. Mine was to go to scrapbook stuff. Little did Kevin know that earlier that week I had received an email from a store 1 hour away that I have wanted to go to for over a year. We tried to make it there on the way back from the coast a few weeks ago but were too late in the day. They were having a 20% off everything sale. I told Kevin and we made a deal that if I paid for the toll out of my money then I could go. Woo hoo.

Brian and I set out on Sunday for our adventure, you didn't think Kevin would come did you? This store, as far as I am aware is the only place in Australia that you can get Amuse stamps. And I have wanted them for FOREVER. The photo shows my haul. If you are reading this from America, prices of most scrapbook stuff here is double! I did go a little bit over, almost $20 but I could make up that difference and it was SOOO worth it. All of the stamps are Amuse, except the tree stump, that is Hero Arts. I also got a pack of white paper bags (to decorate as gifts), a white box with window (also to decorate as a gift box), and chipboard shapes. These I intend to use as templates to make my own journaling cards. I'm so excited to FINALLY be an owner of Amuse stamps. I'll post cards when I get to making some, need to clean the craft room first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment