The short answer is NO.
Last week Brian and I went to a lactation consultant to check on our "technique". It seems we need some tweaking, something which Brian would have absolutely no part of. I never knew a little five week old would protest, and protest he did. He just lied there with his little mouth firmly closed and a look of "just try me" on his face. Little devil!
Brian has also kept me on my toes lately, somedays demanding hourly feeds despite falling alseep during the last feed, right after I have spent ages trying to wake him and almost force feed him. He also tends to have a large number of good, well behaved days followed by two hellish days and nights of almost no sleep and lots of crying. They say that babies usually have an unsettled period each day, Kevin and I figure Brian saves his up and gives it to us for two days in a row! Just when I think I have Brian all figured out and know what the cries mean he throws something else at me just to confuse me again. This will all come out at his 21st, just you wait!
In other news Brian is gaining weight and lots of it. The health clinic was a little worried about his lack of weight gain and made me feed him heaps and add in a few bottle feeds as well. We have certainly fattened him up although I think he was gaining weight originally. I think I just mucked up the maths after I last weighed him which isn't surprising seeing as most days I can't see well, let alone find my brain - all due to lack of sleep and exhaustion.
We are also looking forward to the start of the Olympics and have a little supporter surprise in store. Will post pics if it turns out and Kevin lets me do it...hehe.
No photo sorry. It won't upload.
**Okay, so I was debating when I should post..... I think it's been long enough so no need to make fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI had a chuckle reading this post!! I know exactly what you mean. It sounds funny from an outsider reading, but I can remember those days, soo not fun. It's so good that you have a sense of humour about it.
Hope the feedings get better. I think he gets his devilish ways from his father!!! I can soo see Kevin doing something like that (the whole "just try me").haha
Looking forward to seeing more pics, and oh ya ~~ did you know we had a site to post any videos?! lol. Looking forward to seeing the little man in action!
Lots of love,
Darlene & Peyton... and Jeremy too.
Hi Brooke, Kevin and Brian
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS
Thanks for the photo; we are happy for you all, think of you and shedding a tear of joy and excitement. He is so beautiful and so luck to have you and Kevin as parents, he will soooooo loved.
Don’t let Brian in shed with PG too often god knows what pearls of wisdom he will pick up and he is far too young to drink red yet.
I love your blog it is almost as good as being there, thanks for the wonderful updates.
I had to smile when you spoke about the lactation consultant; I had similar problems with Matt. I used to think breast-feeding would be a gentle and bonding time. Matt wouldn’t attach so nurse would grab my breast and Matts head and turn it into the next best thing to rugby match. I was horrified but it all worked in the end. If you have any problems just call Sheeany he is wiz with breast feeding problems and tea strainers. A story to share down the track.
We miss not being there to see you all but send masses of hugs and kisses and all our love. I hope that it won’t be long before we find an excuse to visit.
Enjoy being a family.
Mechelle, Peter and Matt