Wednesday, 30 July 2008


Brian and I chillin out on the couch on a cold winters night.



This is Brian in his cot a couple of weeks ago. Take note of the super cute sheet set. I love the "Canadian" theme. These are just from Big W, although I don't know if you can still get them. I noticed the other day that they have bought out their summer sheets which are cotton, not flannel.


Remember back a couple of months ago when I was in hospital, forced to rest because my blood pressure was through the roof? Well, Kevin decided that he would do some shopping - it finally arrived yesterday. Luckily I completely trust Kevin's judgement and know that he looks for things that meet our requirements and budget. Yes Kevin, I do like the new couch.

What we both love about the couch is it's versatility. It does this:


And this:


And this is how it will be on Friday night for a family movie night:


It also goes into a double bed or two single beds and the ottoman even goes into a separate chair. You can also change the angle of the cushions at the back to a more upright position, however since our aim here is lounging around they are set to "relaxed".

In other news:

- WE ARE GO with the Baby Bjorn. Brian and I successfully did the groceries using it the other day. I must say though, what happened to those trolleys that little babies can go in? And it also pays to shop WITH a shopping list!
- The little guy is growing. He's put on about 200g in a week. His head is growing, his little thumbs are getting bigger, his eyebrows are becoming visible and best of all he's still totally cute!
- Brian had a manicure today, mainly because I was way too scared to actually cut his nails, so he had them filed instead. Somehow I still need to get hand and foot prints for his baby book.
- It's now just over a month until Brian meets his Canadian Grandparents.
- Does anyone know just how many clothes (including his Mum's clothes) and blankets a baby can dirty in one day?
- We have almost been in our "new" house for ONE YEAR!
- With the relaxation of water restrictions we might actually wash the car this weekend for the first time in probably 12 months.

1 comment:

  1. You guys have been busy!! Love the couch too!!!! It looks great and hopefully its just as comfy!
    Glad to hear the carrier went well -I love it!! Peyton prefers to be in a carrier then a stroller any day... mostly because she is nosy and can see more from up above.
    With the cutting of the nails -nurses here recommend bitting them off -not too sure how you feel about that, but its obviously much saver if you don't feel comfortable cutting.

    *Don't forget to take videos and post ;)

    Much love,
    Darlene Jeremy & Peyton

    ReplyDelete