Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Sick Day

I'm not quite sure where to start with this post as I have so many pictures to show you. This camera thing is all still very new and exciting for me! I guess I should start with why I'm typing away during business hours on a Wednesday. I called in sick this morning. This is my first sick day since being pregnant, and the first for I don't know how long. I had a bad headache last night and it meant that every time I woke up (which happens about once every hour now) it took me a lot longer to get back to sleep.

I still got up and ready for work as normal, as I tend to put my work before my own needs when I need to take some time for myself. After making our lunches I decided that I needed to stay home. I went back to bed for a snooze as I had to wait til 7am before I could call work. I must say that the sleep I had between about 6:30am and 6:50am was the best I had all night! Kevin thinks that's because I sounded like a vacuum cleaner...hmm!

I spoke to the Doctor today about my swelling feet and ankles as he always asks me if they are starting to swell yet. He said if my blood pressure changes then I might have to look at slowing down, possibly finishing work earlier than my planned last day of 6th June. I guess that with standing up for most of the day between 6am and 5pm my body is finally finding it hard to cope. I hope that the compression stockings I bought for my varicose veins will also help with the swelling. It is quite amazing and funny to see how big your ankles can balloon to!

Now for some photos. I'll have to save some though for another day, but here goes:


We got the baby some books a couple of weeks ago. The Post Office had some book packs on sale. I got two packs at a total of $19.95, got to be happy with that. Kevin is really into wombats so of course wombat books are a must have. Because of Kevin's love for wombats we are a little scared to read Wombat Stew, but we think the ending might be a happy one. I believe it's important to have books about Australian animals and not just because I love them too. We also want to look into getting some Canadian animal books. I think that in another life I might have lived surrounded by nature and wildlife because deep down somewhere I seem to be a bit of a hippie.


I'm sure that Kevin wishes that this photo is of a wombat burrow, but it's not quite big enough. Our front garden has recently been turned into a mound of holes and burrows of some kind. We don't know what's living in there but believe it might be some kind of bandicoot. As long as it's native then I think it's totally awesome, but if someone tells me that some kind of gross creature is living in there then it's no longer welcome. I plan to do a stake out one night, if only I can stay up past 8:30pm and not be watching Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.



The weekend was very exciting for us. We finally got our new bedroom suite - stay tuned for before and after shots next post, and I finally got a case for my camera. We went to Photo Continental and I was so happy that the online price of $39 was only $26 in store. As I always say I love it so much more if I know how much of a deal it is. My camera is now indestructible in it's new home.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke... I hear you with the whole swelling of the ankles/feet... I had it soo bad I could only wear slip on shoes lol. *Just don't expect them to go back to normal too soon after the baby comes... it took me a week or so to get back to normal. Absolutely love the books!! I will keep my eye on some original Halifax books, and of course canadian animals... so penguins and polar bears lol?!
    Very interested to learn what you have in the backyard... pretty fun!! You can totally stake out the whole when your off work... a little adventure with you and your camera.
    Love reading your posts!! Take care.
    Darlene Peyton and Jerely

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will soon learn the truth about that statement " slept like a baby" it really does mean that you are awake every 30 minutes or so.
    And as for the ZZZZZZZZ's it runs in the family, your mother does it too....

    ReplyDelete