In my search for a photo to go with this post (that was to be titled Cranky Email - which is a completely different story altogether) I came across the above photo. The beauty here is that my Nan does not surf the internet so I can't ruin any surprises. I'm working (or at least supposed to be working) on an album for my Nan. I did one for my Pop a little while back and they both loved it and I figured it was my Nan's turn. So of course I do the thing that my Dad always does when he has a long arduous task to complete:
Step 1: Go out and buy everything you need to do task.
Step 2: Leave task on "To Do List" for a number of years.
(Step 3: Hope your Dad speaks to you again for picking on him on the big wide net)
So basically, I bought the lovely co-ordinated papers and the album and got a few photos scanned. One of which is this lovely family photo of Nan, Pop, my cousins Sarah, Brett, Cameron, Rachel and my brother Shane. I'm the one wiping my eyes (why do you always have to look into the blazing sun for portraits?), Rachel is the one grabbing onto my hair. Sarah in the blue jumper (sweater for those overseas), Brett in the burgandy jumper and last but not least Cameron in the caramel jumper. This photo had to be taken in 198_ (something). My cousin Rachel turned 22 this year so the photo must be 20+ years old. Owh...that makes me feel so old!
Ok, so on to the connection. A few weeks back my Dad got a phone call from this lady. It turns out that my cousin Cameron is expecting his first baby in July too! He has also been seeing Lauren for 6 years, the same amount of time that Kevin and I have been married. Is that freaky or what?
I may have seen Cameron at a family gathering sometime after this photo was taken (i.e. somewhere in the last 20 years), but this photo is how I remember him. I think that we have all aged quite a bit since then. I can't tell you how much I loved the clothes I was wearing in this picture. I think I might have been born in those pants I loved them so much. And if only you could see my gorgeous (????) blue shoes. Actually I think that it was on this very day all those years ago that Mum made me throw out those fine blue shoes, in a garbage bin no less. Didn't they deserve some dignity? Hehe.
I only leave it on the too list in the hope that some one else will do it.......as I bought all the stuff..
ReplyDeleteAnd there is of course no reason why someone else shouldn't do it right?
ReplyDelete