Thursday, 17 May 2007

Lazy



This is Super Food Ideas' "Lazy Lasagne". We don't have many staple meals in my family, as I love variety and hate to get sick of eating the same thing.

I must admit though, this is one of our "kind of staples". We have had this a few times. It revoloutionised my lasagne thinking. No more do I need to pre-cook the meat, or even make the sauce. To me it's like a summer version of lasagne. It's quick, simple and easy.

I don't like to think that anything I have to make is "lazy". It still requires work. So I named it "Fresh Lasagne". And that's what is says on the recipe card I wrote it down on.

Today, the original name of this dish has got me thinking. I was supposed to make fresh lasgane on Sunday. Every week I have this vision that I will make all of these dishes on Sunday so that I can make my week easier. It never turns out. I never get busy in the kitchen and pump out the dishes. Except on those weekends where I feel like I don't need to make everything. I don't know what my problem is. If I have to do it, I don't want to. And when I don't have to do it, I want to do it, and I really enjoy it.

So, every night this week when I have HAD to make this lasagne, I haven't wanted to. It's now Thurday and I still haven't made it. Yikes, I can't even make a lazy lasagne. How lazy does this make me? I don't really want to know the answer because it's probably way too sad.

I think that once I run out of the roast beef and roasted veges, which are really yummy, I will finally get around to making this lasagne. And not because I want to, but because I have to. Lazy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment